J.P. Morgan is seeking a talented leader to head up the Product Marketing team for the Wholesale Payments business – one of the most exciting and rapidly changing areas in the entire financial services industry. The successful candidate will be a highly strategic, problem-solving, innovative, analytical, and results-driven marketing executive interested in driving a major growth initiative for the company.
The Head of Product Marketing is a newly created leadership role reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer of Wholesale Payments, and will lead and grow an established senior team of high performing product marketers and go-to-market specialists across a broad product portfolio in the global payments and treasury space – covering everything from merchant services, to blockchain and next-gen payment innovations, to digital wallets, to global trade, payables, commercial card and more. This role will require close collaboration across product, technology, sales, operations, and all business partners.
The Head of Product Marketing is a key player of the division’s long-term vision and strategic marketing initiatives and is the primary driver in product positioning, value prop, messaging, customer insights, and delivering go-to-market programs for the business – requiring collaboration across internal products and functions on a daily basis. The successful individual is an inspiring and talented people leader, highly organized, has a broad understanding of core product marketing principles and values, and understands the modern marketing landscape (with experience at major companies partnering cross-functionally with creative and campaigns, digital/social, and performance marketing). Additionally, we strongly prefer a marketing leader with an entrepreneurial and growth/scale mindset, willing to dig in and problem-solve through ambiguity and build strategic vision for the long-term in a tech-focused business. Candidate must work effectively in a matrixed environment, as this role requires close collaboration with senior product leaders, all functional marketing teams, legal, compliance, sales, and other business functions.
The payments landscape is one of the most dynamic spaces in financial services, with massive innovation and digital transformation, competition from the largest global banks and technology companies to the fastest growth fintechs, and business model modernization happening in real-time that is impacting the global economy at scale. Come be a part of the next wave of business and technology transformation.
J.P. Morgan Wholesale Payments (WP) is one of the world’s largest, most trusted and innovative full-service providers of domestic and international cash management, liquidity, commercial card, FX, escrow solutions, merchant services and trade finance – as well as future-looking growth initiatives in blockchain, AI & ML, fintech partnerships, and more. With more than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, public sector agencies and non-government clients in over 180 countries across the globe, we offer specialized solutions that provide operating efficiencies and value beyond other standardized solutions available in the market. Our global product and technology platform, integrated client service model and network of operational centers enable WP to deliver a consistent set of services to clients no matter where they are across the world.
- Develop and drive product marketing strategies, objectives, and overall marketing program development
- Deliver core product marketing deliverables, including positioning, value props, messaging, competitive insights, audience insights and targets, and marketing goals
- Build and drive go-to-market strategies and execution plans, partnering across functional teams and central resources to deliver content, experiences, and key value props to customers
- Lead a team of senior marketing directors and their teams in developing and delivering against the marketing plan and budgets
- Help lead the rhythm of the business marketing forums, workflows, and communications as part of the marketing leadership team and broader org
- Help drive the marketing operations process, ensuring that the various marketing functions properly and effectively execute in a collaborative way for highest ROI
- Track and manage marketing budgets and build business cases for growth initiatives
- Identify opportunities that lead to the growth of the business through marketing innovation while still maintaining the fundamental business goals/priorities.
- Foster a high level of collaboration across the firm to align and execute product strategies, ways of working, and global delivery
- Remain at all times aware of the competitive position of JPMC’s products and act / react accordingly to maintain advantage and differentiation in line with firm strategy
- Understand the differing client journeys and sales cycles and contribute to the integration of our overall client journey
- Proactively and continuously assess and validate client needs through user competitive analyses, research, and testing
- Build and grow the relationships with technology, business and marketing partners to design and implement digital experiences
- •Masters or Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required
- •15+ years of experience in Marketing, preferably across a range of B2B, B2C, and platforms; payments, fintech, and/or technology experience a plus
- •Proven track record of marketing and managing new product launches / transformations, preferably at global scale
- •Strong expertise in core product marketing, with a track record of understanding customer insights, influencing product strategy and positioning, building value props and messaging, and delivering strategic go-to-market plans
- •Able to translate core business strategies into actionable initiatives
- •Experience working with or on major global brands
- •Results-oriented; demonstrated history of exceptional work that has a direct impact on business results
- •Strong executive presence; comfortable interacting with and presenting to all levels of management
- •Demonstrated experience in managing complex marketing and digital projects, with oversight of multiple resources and completion of multiple projects simultaneously within a region or globally
- •Possesses intellectual horsepower, is highly creative and strategic
- •Expert in a range of digital tools/technologies; experienced in evaluating and managing vendors; seasoned at measuring digital performance including user experience
- •Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- •Process Driven – Proven ability to scale processes and work across large networks of stakeholders to improve ways of working
- •Able to effectively lead and/or collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver and market products
- •Excellent oral and written communication skills with a proven track-record of successfully briefing team members at all levels of an organization
- •Pragmatic and client-focused; willing to be innovative and take calculated risks.
- •Positive, team-oriented attitude and inspiring leadership skills a must
About Us: JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team:
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
The Wholesale Payments Product Delivery organization is responsible for scaling and integrating payments platforms across Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank, by defining the product strategy, segmenting clients and packing solutions against these segments, determining the end-to-end delivery strategy, managing product launches and enabling the sales teams.