Region: North America
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for a passionate and talentedUser Interface Designerat our world headquarters in Coopersburg, Pennsylvania. In this position, you will be a key member of our User Interface Design Team where you will develop the aesthetics of the user experience for Lutron apps and software.
We are seeking an enthusiastic designer who is energized by the responsibility to design beautiful and purposeful user interfaces that delight end users through a process of creative design exploration, prototyping, user testing, iteration, and specification. This process is carried out while collaborating closely with team members, researchers, interaction designers, software developers as well as product and business stakeholders.
Lutron apps and software support the functionality of new and innovative lighting control products and solutions.Your designs will have an impact on consumers globally and will help strengthen our market position as the world leader in automated lighting and shading solutions.
You will join a dynamic group of talented design specialists in the user experience area. This emergent team is continuously exploring new technologies, techniques, and design approaches to maintain a fresh perspective and stay adaptable to the evolving needs of our brand.
- Bachelor’s degree in UX/UI Design, Visual Design, Graphic Design, or related field
- Minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.0
- 3 or more years of industry experience in the field of UX/UI Design for apps, software, websites
- A comprehensive portfolio that showcases your digital designs, demonstrates stylistic diversity, and includes examples of digital design work that is now in the market
- Excellent eye for typography, layout, and color with an eye for detail
- Ability to design in different styles to adapt to the needs of the brand
- Collaborative mindset with a proven ability to work with a team to iterate multiple design options
- Ability to effectively communicate design choices and rationale
- Solid knowledge of data visualization and how it applies to creating impactful visual designs
- Sound work ethic with established organizational, time management, and hands-on skills
- Proficiency with Figma and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience inany or all is a plus: Sketch, InVision, Motion design, website design
Lutron software development is driven by innovation and creativity, and this role will be focused on applying your skills in the following areas:
- Contribute to the development of world-class visual designs for mobile apps, software applications and web tools through close collaboration with design researchers, interaction designers, software developers, as well as product managers, business leaders, and marketing teams
- Gather design inspiration through research and benchmarking
- Contribute to the creation of design themes that provide the foundation for the visual design and navigation of the user interface
- Develop a variety of visual styles to support Lutron’s brand and product strategies
- Ensure the work communicates clearly and delights users
- Contribute to the definition and creation of a flexible and coherent design system with component libraries
- Inspire other designers to create world-class work
- Drive to attain a mastery of User Interface Design as a discipline and a practice
Lutron’s position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our customers globally has resulted in double-digit growth annually. This growth has allowed us to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to help us service our customers.
Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies, putting us at the forefront of innovating IoT products for smart homes and connected buildings, leaving us with over 4,000 design and product patents.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, continued education, and advancement opportunities.