We are seeking a seasoned, client centric, digital-first marketing leader, who brings together a strong understanding of the wealth management industry combined with a proven track record of delivering marketing programs that drive growth and client relationship deepening. Reporting to the CMO of J.P. Morgan Wealth Management, the role focuses on the established segment (customers with wallets $500K-$5MM) and leads marketing for our branch-based advisor channel (also referred to as Chase Wealth Management channel) that includes ~4000 financial advisors based in Chase branches nationally.
In this role, you will work closely with the CEO of Chase Wealth Management and his leadership across sales, product strategy, practice management, advisor readiness, client experience technology and finance to shape the overall business strategy, drive key strategic initiatives, and deliver marketing programs that empower advisors and deliver on business goals (new investors, client deepening & investment flows). In addition to developing a strategic marketing plan that includes core sales-marketing programs, lead generation strategies, advisor marketing and client onboarding and deepening efforts, you will also work closely with digital and technology partners to implement a marketing-technology roadmap that introduces new personalization and marketing automation capabilities that will improve the sales process, and enable the advisors to better prospect and engage clients.
Additionally, this role will partner closely with the J.P. Morgan product solutions teams on introducing and supporting new investment product launches, developing advisor materials and activating client campaigns that drive product adoption and deepening.
Active collaboration across functional areas at Chase and J.P. Morgan will be central to the success of this position, including partnering with the investment product and retirement teams, sales management, thought leaders and portfolio managers, operations, technology and digital partners and other marketing partners across the organization. This role will also work closely with the Chase Private Client marketing team to deliver shared programs targeting this segment. Ability to connect, build strong communications channels and influence action across teams and functions will be critical to the candidates success
Key areas of strategic focus include:
- Develop end-to-end marketing strategy for our “branch-based” advisor channel to drive account growth and client deepening
- Be a steward for the established client segment. Use client insights to guide client experience, product design and marketing/communications decisions
- Understand and build out customer journeys and use cases across branch and digital experiences to identify key moments where marketing can enable better business and client outcomes
- Partner with performance marketing and product partners to expand the leads program, delivering qualified leads to the advisor
- Guide collateral and digital strategy aligned with core customer journeys, branch requirements and sales processes
- Partner with field leadership to ensure advisor engagement and adoption of marketing programs
- Partner with consumer bank marketing partners on developing the appropriate branch branding experience to improve awareness and consider for our investment offerings
- Collaborate with affluent marketers across Chase, especially the Chase private client team to develop client acquisition, engagement and deepening programs
- Lead investment product marketing for the business, working closely with product and marketing partners on new product launches, collateral development and client adoption campaigns
- Evaluate effectiveness of all marketing activities with clear metrics and KPIs to accomplish key business objectives
- Maximize current marketing-technology capabilities such as using marketing cloud to enable new acquisition client deepening journeys, and partner with practice management to ensure advisor adoption
- Develop the vision and business case to bring new marketing automation and client engagement capabilities to advisors
- Deliver actionable implementation roadmaps for each initiative, ensuring new concepts & capabilities are staffed, absorbed, and brought to market in partnership with marketing execution, business readiness and practice management teams
- 10 years of marketing experience. Wealth management experience is preferred
- Accomplished marketing generalist with intermediate-to-expert understanding of a broad set of disciplines
- Foundational understanding of markets, investment products, asset class strategies is preferred
- Previous experience with Sales Force Marketing Cloud capability is a plus
- Experience with gathering, analyzing, and synthesizing both quantitative and qualitative data, and connecting data to strategic solutions.
- Adept at developing comprehensive strategic solutions-inclusive of strategic and competitive context, establishing an end-to-end vision, and identifying potential risks.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to establish and communicate the strategic vision and complex ideas to all levels
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area, MBA a plus.
- Series 7 and 24 licenses are preferred though not required
Mindset and behaviors
- An entrepreneurial spirit – an out of the box thinker who can design and drive strategy, and figure out how to successfully achieve goals with finite resources
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with the business and other key stakeholders and work effectively in a matrix organization
- Passion to challenge the status quo and find new solutions – loves and embraces change
- Strong sense of prioritization, urgency, execution and delivery with extensive experience of driving change and efficiencies in a growing business
- Ability to challenge, influence and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from a marketing perspective
- Innovative and creative thought leader with exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans