Job Title: Sr Designer, Apparel & Accessories
Reports to: Sr Director, Apparel & Accessories
Location: Portland, OR / Hybrid Remote
We are looking for a Senior Designer of Apparel & Accessories who will lead the design team in creating compelling functional products that are meaningful and brand right. A HOKA Senior Designer is someone who leads by example, designing innovative, performance product that enables a world of athletes to fly over the earth.
They will collaborate with the Sr Director of Apparel & Accessories and Design Director of footwear to develop seasonal design concepts under the brand seasonal creative direction, applicable for apparel & accessories. This person will also manage the relationship with cross-functional partners including aspects of the design development calendar, tech pack creation, coordination of calendar processes to ensure products align with brand vision.
We celebrate diversity–of your background, your experiences and your unique identity. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace where all of our employees can Come as They Are. We believe that when we bring our different perspectives to work, we are truly Better Together.
We’re looking for someone with an accomplished background in delivering consumer-led performance products to a global marketplace, proven knowledge in design and product creation, and experience leading a team by example in designing compelling, brand right product.
The primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
- 1. Design leader – Design compelling, brand right product that meets the needs of elite athletes and everyday consumers alike. Ensure visual connection across footwear and apparel design language.
- 2. Collaborator – work collaboratively across the product triad with Design, Product Management, Development and Technical design. With a solutions-oriented mindset, you will drive towards hitting margin expectations while not sacrificing design integrity.
- 3. Market expert – Obsess consumer, the competitive marketplace, factory capabilities and explore new concepts that help push the envelope within the active outdoor marketplace.
- 4. Technical expert – Having a strong grasp on technical performance, construction techniques, fit, color, print and graphics.
Who You Are
Creative leader, problem solver, team player, strong communicator of ideas
We’d love to hear from people with
Recognized expertise in Active and Outdoor apparel and accessories market.
Organized, detail-oriented people that can manage and drive Manage and drive multiple design projects from conceptualization to finished product, adhering to calendar deadlines.
Strong verbal and visual execution, while clearly communicating design process and vision.
Experience leading by example and mentoring junior designers through clear and consistent coaching and development.
Experience and skilled in Adobe suite a must. Knowledge of designing for manufacturability and construction techniques is required.
Bachelor’s degree in apparel/product design. Working knowledge of 3D design a plus. Presentation skills that are clear & compelling and supported by sketches and directional imagery.
10+ years Performance Apparel Design experience with an athletic brand, awareness of accessories design process.
2+ years people leadership
What We’ll Give You
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses – We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Financial Planning and wellbeing – No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
- Time away from work – Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks – Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
- Growth and Development – Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness – There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.