The Site Reliability Engineers objective is to “make things scale” which includes building software that automates experiences, developing utilities that provide insights/metrics, and providing instrumentation for the Engineering teams to more efficiently scale the platform.
Our guest experience management platform helps businesses curate amazing experiences for their customers, connecting existing disparate data points to tell a more comprehensive story of who the customer is, where they are in the moment, what they might enjoy and when helpful suggestions will be most beneficial. As part of the guest experience team, you’ll help bridge the digital divide between guests and businesses, helping guests to enjoy a better experience and businesses to cultivate loyal customers and drive revenue.
The Site Reliability Engineer – Operating Systems will bring expertise in designing and supporting highly-scalable, highly-available Linux and Windows installations as well as patch management, security and compliance platforms, base image design and OS deployment automation. You will be involved in the design, implementation, and management of the related management platforms. You will debug problems in production and test environments, advise on best practices, and maintain high-volume clusters in multiple datacenters. You will develop automation that improves deployment speed and reliability of RHEL and Windows platforms.
Location: United States; then, you choose what works for you! This role can be performed 100% remotely anywhere in the US, at in the US, or a hybrid version of in-office and remote.
Reports to: Engineering Manager, SRE
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
- vCenter management
- Automating virtual machine creation
- Performance tuning
- Storage Management
- Developing a security and compliance scanning framework
- Cloud and on-premises cost optimization
- Designing a framework for managing Infrastructure-as-Code
- Automating Bare Metal Provisioning
Some of the technologies you’ll be working with:
- Configuration management: Ansible Tower, Terraform, Packer
- Operating Systems: Linux (Mostly Red Hat) and Windows Server
- Virtualization technologies: AWS, Azure, VMWare
- L2-L7 frame/packet/session inspection: netflow, WAF, pcap
- 5+ years of enterprise level site reliability engineering or systems engineering
- 2+ years of infrastructure automation, configuration management or container orchestration
- 3+ years enterprise architecture and/or designing large scale infrastructure solutions
- Strong with one or more languages (Go, Python, Java, JS or bash) and git
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related technical field (preferred, but not necessary)
- Periodic participation in an after-hours on-call rotation supporting production environments 24×7
- Ability to learn and adapt SRE practices and actively promote a DevOps culture
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package including discretionary annual bonus opportunity.
- 4-weeks of Paid Time Off for employees up to 3-years of tenure (higher accrual thereafter);
- 8-hours of paid Volunteer Time Off to give back to organizations and groups you feel most passionately about;
- 2-weeks of paid Parental Leave so you can bond with your child(ren) following a birth, adoption, or foster care placement;
- Inclusive Family Benefits – access to end-to-end support for maternity, surrogacy, adoption, and fertility, with a $5,000 benefit toward surrogacy, adoption, and fertility;
- Three different medical insurance plans to choose from, including an employer-contributed HSA;
- Employer-paid short & long-term disability and life insurance;
- Matching 401K;
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business for continued learning and career development;
- A flexible work schedule around our core business hours.
WORKING AT accesso:
accesso is taking precautions to protect the health and wellness of our employees around the world during the current pandemic, including but not limited to the temporary suspension of business travel and the implementation of remote work.
Albert Einstein said, “In the midst of difficulty lies opportunity.” At accesso, this time of uncertainty has created opportunities for us to strengthen our partnerships as we continue innovating on future technology needs in a post-COVID world; to grow as a company as we identify areas for improvement in business processes and practices; and to focus on our wellbeing as we learn to navigate a new circumstance while staying meaningfully connected with our individual selves, families and teams.
When we are in the office, we have FUN! From our bright, open spaces, foosball and ping-pong tables, caffeine and snack-filled cafes, we’ve created office environments all over the world that nurture our team members’ creativity and fosters our company’s core values: Passion, Teamwork, Commitment, Integrity, and Innovation. These values are celebrated globally through a multitude of recognition programs such as iValue and accesso All Stars. We are empowered to do our jobs and then are recognized and rewarded for doing it well.
Our teams work really hard, encourage and motivate one another, and love to celebrate personal and professional accomplishments as a family. This creates an atmosphere where people are eager to solve problems together and want to continuously do better for not only themselves, but for their teams and peers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in the power of inclusivity. We are committed to creating a diverse environment for our employees to celebrate one another’s unique qualities. Any hiring decision made is assessed on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Read more about at accesso.
At accesso, we understand that technology is a critical component to our client’s success and the happiness of their guests. No business should have to settle for technology that creates more issues than it solves! Technology should be the solution, not the problem.
Our clients need powerful technology solutions to grow their businesses and create connected guest experiences – and accesso delivers! That’s why over 1,000 venues in 30 countries have chosen to partner with us.
The status quo is not an option. If you’re not moving forward, you’re falling behind. With our accesso solutions, venues can empower their staff with the control, data and confidence to make informed decisions that will drive revenue, create operational efficiencies and improve guest experiences.