The Senior Cyber Security Software Engineer will work on NanoString’s newly available GeoMx Digital Spatial Profiler instrument. As part of our software team you will focus on holistically improving our software security to protect our customers and our intellectual property as well as ensuring our applications continue to meet and exceed industry standards. The GeoMx Digital Spatial Profiler is our novel platform that enables spatially resolved, digital readout of proteins or RNA targets in a multiplexed assay.
Our software team is delivering the highly interactive, browser-based user interface that enables researchers in Immuno-Oncology, Neuroscience, and many other fields to make cutting edge discoveries that have the power to positively impact healthcare and save lives.
- In collaboration with key IT customers, operations resources and software engineers – identify and analyze Windows and software application security risks
- Proactively lead in scoping and clarifying cybersecurity objectives, create well-defined solutions and advocate for simplification where possible
- Develop and test solutions to mitigate security risks. Solutions may range in scope from changes in operating system configuration and deployment to modifying application code
- Develop and document best practices for customers deploying our systems
- Work closely with a team of software test engineers to ensure high-quality, robust software
- Communicate and prioritize clear security requirements and produce well-documented designs
- Use Microsoft ADO to manage work items, and source code
- 4+ years of cybersecurity experience or a MS with 2+ years of cybersecurity experience.
- BS in computer science, Information Technology and development, or equivalent experience
- SME with cybersecurity concepts, best practices, and industry standards
- Excellent knowledge of the Windows Operating system, some experience with Linux systems
- Demonstrated experience with network design and security
- Extensive experience performing security threat and risk analysis
- Experience designing and delivering secure internet applications
- Web API development experience using C# on .NET or .NET Core
- Familiarity with Active Directory (AD, AD DS, AAD) and LDAP
- Experience with Docker
- Hands-on experience in implementing Okta, SecurID, or like solution
- Solid understanding of how to securely store large datasets
- Experience designing and working in a HIPAA compliant system
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions, please contact email@example.com.