Senior Product Marketing Manager, Small & Medium Business Networking (Aruba)
This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
Aruba is redefining the “Intelligent Edge” Aruba is creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces – leading next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility, and the IoT to transform businesses with the combined power of computing, context, control, and secure connectivity. We help some of the largest and most exciting companies globally to modernize their networks to meet the demands of a digital future.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager, SMB Networking Solutions, will excel in a dynamic, fast paced environment and will be responsible for Aruba’s SMB portfolio with a focus on transactional products including Aruba Instant On. This product marketing manager will be responsible for all elements of product marketing, working closely with product management, field marketing, corporate marketing, sales enablement and channel sales. The marketing manager must have an understanding of SMB networking, the buyers and their needs and act as a subject matter expert (SME) who transfers knowledge about the market, buyer, and solution across marketing and channel sales. The successful candidate will have experience developing GTM strategies, product & solutions positioning/messaging, sales enablement, and integrated marketing plans.
Reporting Line: Senior Director, Product Marketing
- Develop deep understanding of the target audience by gathering insight about target personas, buyer needs and the purchase decision process
- Drive an audience-centric marketing approach within the organization, ensuring that messaging, content and campaign strategies are centered around customer buying needs
- Develop and socialize marketing plans, sales enablement plan, and launch plans
- Devise product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonates with the target buyers and author source messaging document
- Partner with marketing peers to produce relevant content for target buyers across the buyer’s journey
- Collaborate with channel sales enablement function to develop sales enablement plan
- Enable channel sellers by developing and delivering effective sales enablement content
- Assist in product naming by providing market, competitive and customer context
- Manage launch planning and coordinate the execution of the launch plan in partnership with marketing peers and launch program management
- Provide market and buyer insights to drive the development of campaign strategies including awareness and demand generation
- Serve as market-facing subject matter expert (SME) for the product portfolio and interface with industry analysts as the company representative
- Develop competitive comparisons for use in positioning solution against similar offerings from other vendors
- Work with the voice of the customer team to develop customer references, testimonials, reviews for external and internal use
- Drive upsell and cross-sell strategies for the product portfolio
- Monitor and report on the performance of the product portfolio, and results of related sales and marketing efforts
- Ability to conduct market, competitor and customer research to gather insights and assess market opportunities
- Ability to create compelling and effective value propositions and messaging strategies
- Ability to link product launches to organizational campaign themes and goals
- Critical thinker with strong writing, communication presentation development and delivery skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong influencing skills
- Creative and innovative
- Empathetic to buyers, customers, users and sales resources
- Highly collaborative, able to work across functional teams
- Detail oriented, well organized, efficient with time management
- 3-5 years of product marketing or relevant experience
- Experience with the Small and Medium Business (SMB) networking market through channel partner or vendor experience preferred
- Product management and/or digital campaigns experience a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Highly knowledgeable of product/solution family and the business needs of the target customers.
- 7 years experience in product marketing fundamentals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general marketing function either through education or work experience.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, is a leading provider of secure, intelligent networks that enable customers to thrive and deliver amazing digital experiences in the mobile, IoT and cloud era. We are changing the rules of networking to make it simple for IT and organizations to bridge the physical and digital worlds at the Edge.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.