As a Senior User Experience Designer, you will leverage your understanding of experience design for digital products. You’ll be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for decisions that form our client and advisor experiences. This is a hands-on designer role, you will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team that includes researchers, content writers, product managers, engineers, and business partners who share your passion for delivering customer-focused and innovative financial digital products and services of all kinds, including trading, investing and advice platforms.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work collaboratively and contribute to the success of a multidisciplinary team
- Proactively seek out ways of incorporating the customer experience into daily work
- Contribute to high performing teams through the development of self and others, emphasizing continuous learning and growth
- Distill complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions
- Accurately make decisions that guide the product direction with little information
- Understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical by thinking through user problems, find reasonable solutions, prototype them up in detail, and work with engineers to deliver them to our clients.
- Have the ability to influence others and provide thought leadership on design
- Have the knowledge and deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space
- Research and look for opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways
- Understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and be able to communicate your ideas to our engineers
- Design for the web and native mobile platforms and understanding how to apply both form and function within them while maintaining simplicity
- List any additional responsibilities unique to this role
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical work experience in design
- Good to have 3-5+ years of digital product design experience
- Work closely with other disciplines to understand design context
- Deliver solutions (research findings, design concepts, content) and participate in critique process to improve design acceptance
- Develop critical thinking through iteration and design review
- Understanding of application of design systems, experience with Figma or related design tools
- You have an online portfolio demonstrating superior product design experiences (required for application)
- Proven understanding of responsive web & mobile application design and wireframe development
- Experience with Native app design for both iPhone and Android
- Experience with design thinking methodologies.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- List any additional required/desired skills/experience unique to this role
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans