We Light the Way!
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the lighting industry. We take pride in our 12,000 employees, and they take pride in working with the best in the industry. Join a team committed to lighting the way to a more brilliant, connected, and productive world. Individually we are talented, but together we are unstoppable.
About this Role:
We’relooking foranall-starSenior Product Designerto helpreshape how people interact with buildings and spaces.You’ll work onatomic andcomplexproductdesigninitiativesfor Atrius -our Internet of Things software platform.
Here, you can make a big impact.Ourindoor wayfindingapplicationsareused bymillions oftravelersand shopperseveryyearfor step-by-stepnavigation.And our facility and energy management applications are used by the world’s leading companies to optimize energy use, reduce costs, and achieveambitious sustainability goals.
You’ll make crucial contributions toourrecently rebooteddesign systemsand design ops infrastructure.Our collaborative team operates at all stages of the product process, working closely with customers,PMs, engineers, and other designers to build world-class software.
Your rolerequiresstrong communicationskills, an aptitude forelegant and persuasivedesign,and the ability to make tough decisions in favor of theuser.The Senior Product Designer will report to the Head ofUser Experience &Design.
Whether you’reamaster of visual design, UX, or both, we want to hear from you!Multiple positions are available.
About this Team:
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the commercial buildings industry with market-leading solutions for building operations, business productivity, and occupant experience. Our software platform, Atrius™, delivers data-driven insights to facility and energy managers, and indoor maps and location-based services to employees and visitors.
A remote-first organization, Acuity has team members from around the world. Acuity is headquartered in Conyers, GA, with offices in Oakland, New York City, Boston, and more.
How you will contribute:
- Think and communicate in terms ofsystems, patterns, and componentsConduct or leaduserinterviews,journey mappingexercises, usability testing,heuristic evaluations, andideationsessions
- Deliver delightful and thoughtful experiences that inspire action among different audiences-young and old, highly technical and non-technical
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and complex workflows, and doing the research needed to understand the customer
- Conduct or leaduserinterviews,journey mappingexercises, usability testing,heuristic evaluations, andideationsessions
- Work withour talented PMs totranslate product requirements into validated concepts, prototypes,and successful design solutions
- Embrace feedback loops and manage trade-offs effectively between cross-functional team members indesign,product,and engineering
- Manage trade-offs effectively between cross-functional team members in Product and Engineering
- Mentor other designers and elevate the Design team’s culture
Qualified Applicants will have:
- 5 or more years of relevant design experience at a technology-focused, product-driven company or startup
- Aptitude for a variety of modern design and collaboration tools, including Figma and Miro
- Experience facilitatinguser-centered workshops with customers and internal teams
- A portfolio of work that you can speak to that demonstrates a strong understanding of customer needs and objectives
- An eagerness to continually expand your knowledge about the industry domain
- An affinity for inclusive, accessible solutions
We invite you to applytoday to join us as We Light the Wayto a Brilliant, Productive, and Connected World!
Please utilize the internal career site to applyif you are a current employee at Acuity Brands.
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, covered veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click here and here for more information.
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities: As an equal opportunity employer, Acuity Brands is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may contact us at (770) 922-9000. Please clearly indicate what type of accommodation you are requesting and for what requisition.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Req ID: 2620
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Engineer, Sustainability, Database, Senior Product Manager, Testing, Engineering, Energy, Technology, Operations