Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit .
Design Studio – UX/UI Product Designer III
The USA TODAY NETWORK is looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to play a key role helping to both elevate product design research methodologies and bring rigor and clarity to our iterative design process.
This role may be performed in person at our McLean, VA headquarters. Or it can be 100% remote, with team members throughout the country.
Note:You must submit a link to a digital portfolio with your application to be considered. Please include a url on your resume.
You have a passion for design craft and abilities as a strategic thinker. You will help lead initiatives to marry the analytical with the creative. As a Senior Product Designer, you will work with fellow designers, product managers, business analysts and technology developers to shape next-gen consumer experiences. This role goes far beyond improving news sites. We’re transforming the ways in which information is gathered, experienced and shared. Imagine a world where reading, watching and listening are not passive acts – where the distance between journalist and consumer evaporates. Through our apps, websites, content verticals and events, the USA TODAY NETWORK taps into the zeitgeist of neighborhoods and communities, in ways no other American media brand can.
- Iterate on design strategies and UX solutions that address business goals and customer needs
- Ensure consistency in UX flows and interactions across multiple platforms and devices
- Perform ethnographic and qualitative research, followed by iterative user testing to validate insights
- Translate insights and strategy into concept prototypes, clearly communicating your vision through your artifacts.
- Drive strategic consideration of the desired customer experience through frameworks, product prioritization, roadmaps, CX designs, etc.
- Use visual and tangible storytelling to share your discoveries, influence stakeholders and create energy around an idea or an initiative
- Leverage a generative work style: you can visualize and iterate rapidly at different levels of fidelity (e.g., sketches, wireframes)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related field (design strategy, UX design, communication design, or another design-related field) required
- 4-7 years of design experience of design experience preferably within a news, publishing or agency setting.
- Hands-on knowledge of Design tools (Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.)
- Understand how to translate enterprise design solutions across break points and/or key platforms
- Understanding of web analytics to inform data driven CX solutions
- Hands on expertise with product design and agile methodologies
- Strong expertise in human-centered design and design thinking tools and methods
- Experience with a digital product & services company
- Proven ability to translate insights into design opportunities within constraints
- Fluent in empathy research methodologies, UX research, and usability testing
- In depth experience in key UX areas like empathy research, design strategy, information architecture
- Experience in designing solutions for mobile UI, native apps, Desktop UI
- Strong sense of collaboration; you should thrive in iterative, cross-disciplinary environments
- Comfortable trying new things and failing quickly to get to optimal solution
- Use design to communicate complex concepts, whether they’re conversations, frameworks, or ideas
- Ability to drive consensus via facilitation, storytelling, brainstorming
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.