Premise is a worldwide network and predictive analytics platform bringing visibility to the world’s hardest-to-see places. We enable global decision-makers to move faster and make smarter decisions by employing local, on-the-ground contributors to observe and collect real-time data. Our current clients include The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and The United States Department of State (DOS). We are looking for passionate, driven, team-first senior data engineers to join our growing data engineering team.
Premise looks for engineers who are passionate technologists with a hunger for learning. You will take highly complex problems, design solutions and build simple, secure, lightweight systems and services with an eye toward future scalability. You are a champion of agile development processes, continually seeking to improve yourself and your team.
What you get to do:
- Create innovative on-demand and subscription data products using information collected by Premise’s worldwide network of contributors
- Collaborate with data scientists to productize algorithmic prototypes for statistical analysis and machine learning for prediction and clustering
- Implement data pipelines for data transformation and integration (streaming and batch)
- Develop and improve the current data architecture with an emphasis on data quality, improved monitoring, and high availability
- Analyze trade-offs involving latency, throughput, and transactions for distributed systems
- Champion data governance, security, privacy, quality and retention policies
Your background likely includes:
- Expertise designing, building and maintaining databases (object, columnar, in-memory, relational)
- Proven track record of successful communication of data infrastructure, data models, and data engineering solutions
- Advanced SQL skills and proficiency in Python
- Experience with relational data stores (e.g. BigQuery, Postgres, MySQL) as well as one or more NoSQL data stores (e.g. DataStore, Mongo, Cassandra)
- Prior experience in data warehouse modernization building complete data warehouse solutions, star/snowflake schema designs, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT pipelines, and reporting/analytic tools
- Experience building production-grade data backup/restore, and disaster recovery solutions
- Hands-on experience with batch and streaming data (e.g. Apache Airflow, Cloud Dataflow, Spark, Cloud Pub/Sub)
The following traits probably describe you:
- Obsessed with improving the customer experience, strong sense of ownership, and focused on delivering results
- Passion for learning and sharing knowledge with the team around you
- Knowledge of geospatial processing with PostgreSQL and PostGIS
- Experience using ArcGIS or other similar GIS systems
Apply for this Job
First Name *
Last Name *
Location (City) *
Drop files here
How did you hear about this job?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer? *
Do you now, or will you in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status, etc.) to work legally for any company in the United States? *
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Premise are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Are you Hispanic/Latino?
Please identify your race
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A “disabled veteran” is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A “recently separated veteran” means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran’s discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An “active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran” means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An “Armed forces service medal veteran” means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Why are you being asked to complete this form?
We are a federal contractor or subcontractor required by law to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified people with disabilities. We are also required to measure our progress toward having at least 7% of our workforce be individuals with disabilities. To do this, we must ask applicants and employees if they have a disability or have ever had a disability. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we ask all of our employees to update their information at least every five years.
Identifying yourself as an individual with a disability is voluntary, and we hope that you will choose to do so. Your answer will be maintained confidentially and not be seen by selecting officials or anyone else involved in making personnel decisions. Completing the form will not negatively impact you in any way, regardless of whether you have self-identified in the past. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of federal contractors under Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at . How do you know if you have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Autoimmune disorder, for example, lupus, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, or HIV/AIDS
- Blind or low vision
- Cardiovascular or heart disease
- Celiac disease
- Cerebral palsy
- Deaf or hard of hearing
- Depression or anxiety
- Gastrointestinal disorders, for example, Crohn’s Disease, or irritable bowel syndrome
- Intellectual disability
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Nervous system condition for example, migraine headaches, Parkinson’s disease, or Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Psychiatric condition, for example, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, PTSD, or major depression
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at .
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.