EMIT Technologies is a world-class metal manufacturing company that is constantly growing and reinvesting to stretch their own definition of what’s possible. The implementation of their Smart Factory and Industry 4.0 technology through the use of fully automated state-of-the-art manufacturing tools has prepared EMIT for cutting-edge innovation and growth.
EMIT works directly with customers to build strong relationships as the foundation of their solutions. The end results are unparalleled results for customers across a diverse set of industries. With in-house engineering, product development, fabrication, field services and application training, EMIT is the single-source solutions provider for today, and the future. They are an unbalanced force in manufacturing, committed to driving change, action, and progress.
Headquartered in Sheridan, Wyoming, with a facility in Greeley, CO, EMIT employees continue to grow the company at a rapid pace, setting benchmarks for creativity and productivity. At EMIT, they work hard and they train harder. They never give up and never give in. They win or they learn, and most importantly, EMIT prides themselves in always delivering at a high level. Simply put, EMIT Gets. Stuff. Done.
About the Position:
We are looking for a highly motivated Purchaser to assist our Supply Chain team. As a Purchaser you will provide support and coordination of the day-to-day operations of our business functions. You will assist with employee inquiries regarding general Supply Chain questions, policies and procedures. We are seeking a driven and detail-oriented Purchaser to be responsible for selecting and purchasing quality products for our business. Your responsibilities will include processing purchase orders, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, quality assurance and liaising with inventory teams and management. The buyer will work with staff across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchase decisions based on demand.
The Purchaser should be analytically minded and possess excellent negotiating skills to secure the best prices according to budget. Knowledge of sales and marketing principles is advantageous.
- Collaborate with team members in Supply Chain
- Assist Supply Chain team on projects or tasks related to Supply Chain processes
- Identify and propose an improvement or solution through research on best practices
- Inventory Management Tasks
- Conduct inventory cycle counts
- Assist with system improvement and proper storage of products
- Generate reports, evaluate inventory levels, and assist with making adjustments
- Purchasing Tasks including entry of purchase orders
- Conduct verification and expediting of orders
- Assist with entry of receivers and other data into ERP
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in collaborative manner with suppliers, co-workers, and management
Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
Process requisitions and update management on status of orders.
Arrange transport of goods (if needed) and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
Coordinate with inventory team, management, and stockroom as required.
Ability to travel.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint).
- Understanding of ERP/MRP software
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Possess attention to detail and creative thinking abilities
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve with strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and demonstrate strong planning skills
- Ability to operate under pressure and ambiguity while maintaining a positive attitude and team focus
What You’ll Earn
- Medical Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) Plan
- Competitive Pay
- Unlimited Paid-Time Off (PTO)
- Get Out of Debt (G.O.O.D. Benefit) (Student loan/mortgage payment match)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Professional Certification/Continuing Education Assistance
- Paid Holidays
- Dependent Scholarships
- Daycare Assistance
- Referral Bonuses
- Wireless Service Discount
EMIT Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At EMIT, we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.