Location: Abingdon | MD | 21009 | USA
Schedule: Full Time
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Product Support Representative in Edgewood, Maryland. The Product Support Representative ?is responsible for maximizing the sale of parts and service capabilities by calling on customers in an assigned territory. The Product Support Representative will demonstrate initiative, commitment to teamwork, enthusiasm for customer service, and dedication to finding solutions in an efficient manner. Candidates with previous sales experience are preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field a plus.
Requirements for the Product Support Representative position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision; capable of developing objectives, setting priorities, and implementing ideas in a timely manner.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Able to service existing customers with periodic scheduled visits and effectively prospect potential new customers.
- Must be innovative and creative; able to quickly evaluate facts and maintain good judgment when making decisions.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Must be a good listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to travel and work hours required by the job; a clean driving record and valid driver’s license are required.
Physical requirements must be met for the Product Support Representative job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This position may require reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)