Arlon Graphics, LLC is a cast vinyl manufacturing company in the business of creating innovative material for visual expression. Founded in 1958, Arlon Graphics manufactures and markets high-quality pressure-sensitive materials for the fleet, architectural, digital imaging, and signage markets. Through more than 180 distribution partners across the globe, a growing number of strategically positioned sales offices and warehouses, and customer-centric operations, Arlon is recognized as a global leader in graphic films. Join the Arlon Graphics conversation and follow us at @arlongraphics on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. For more information, visit arlon.com.
Summary and Objectives
As a member of the Product Management Team, the Product Manager is responsible for managing the performance of a segment of the product portfolio and executing initiatives to continue the success of Arlon’s global leadership in Graphic Films.
Key responsibilities include creating new products, line extensions and product improvements following a stage gate process, product life cycle management, pricing administration and competitive product/market analysis.
Additional responsibilities include leading or supporting process improvement projects, product collateral, pricing and profitability, and regional product inquiries and requirements.
The Product Manager will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, technical product manufacturing environment, and with cross-functional teams to develop, commercialize and manage products that deliver on the company’s vision.
- Build knowledge base of product and applications for key market segments.
- Document market needs through collaboration with regional sales and market studies.
- Translate usage needs into detailed product performance requirements.
- Identify gaps in the product portfolio and assess opportunity, revenue and margin potential.
- Understand key competitors’ products by assessing competitors’ product ranges.
- Lead stage gate process for assigned product development projects working closely with cross-functional teams to deliver projects within agreed timelines.
- Develop product positioning strategies and product pricing recommendations in collaboration with Regional Sales and Marketing.
- Prepare profit margin and return-on-investment analysis in collaboration with Finance.
- Lead product lifecycle management assessment and recommendations for assigned product portfolio.
- Interface with Manufacturing, Quality, R&D and Technical Service to drive product changes and/or improvements on key product lines as appropriate.
- Work closely with Product Planning and Operations to support accurate forecasting, manage raw material complexity and deliver overall product line productivity.
- Drive assigned new processes and process improvements to achieve productivity targets.
- Interface with Sales and Sales Management on Regional pricelists, quotes and custom warranties.
Required Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field of study.
- Minimum two years of product management experience.
- Strong communication skills (listening, written, verbal, presentation) at all organizational levels.
- Technically orientated with an ability to understand manufacturing process and product design.
- Experience with new product development process methodology (i.e. stage gate process) to create new products that meet required specifications.
- Analytical and detail oriented, as well as a system and process approach to work.
- Extremely well organized and effectively focused, with excellent tracking and follow-up skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint and Excel (analysis, pivot tables, vlookups).
- Customer-orientated and ability to be flexible supporting the demands of the commercial strategy.
- Strong project management skills; lead projects and project teams from concept to completion.
- Enthusiastic self-starter able to work independently as well as part of a team.
Preferred Education, Skills & Experience
- Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other related technical field of study.
- Prior experience in a related industry such as commercial graphics, labels, digital printing, adhesives, films, inks, coatings or prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
- SAP experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to distinguish printed colour. The employee must be able to travel up to 10% of their time via plane and road, have a valid passport and have a valid driving license.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Arlon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. #PM18
- Direct applicants only
- No third party soliciting