Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
Our location in Santa Clara, CA, currently has an opportunity for a Product Manager, Marketing Automation & CRM .
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Product Manager, Marketing Automation is responsible for governance, strategy, and global alignment for all Vascular divisional Marketing Automation programs. This role serves as a Global Center of Excellence Marketing Automation lead to ensure customer email communications successfully meets marketing automation best practices, compliance, and overall customer communications strategy. The role is also be responsible for global training for our marketing automation management system (i.e. Marketo) and when needed, support in development of email strategies. The Marketing Automation Specialist works collaboratively with various teams including Marcom, agencies, and global and regional marketing on the development of Marketing Automation strategy and email communications content tied to specific business objectives and KPIs. This role is an individual contributor role with indirect reports and will report into global digital marketing group manager.
The Marketing Automation Manager is responsible for planning, deploying, and reporting on success of all Marketing Automation/Marketo programs, ensuring all customer communications are governed strictly by contact frequency, messaging, branding standards. The Marketing Automation Specialist will work closely with digital agencies to assist in performance testing and rollout of new or existing functionality. Must have proven experience managing enterprise-level marketing programs using platforms such as Marketo, Eloqua or Marketing Cloud. Understanding of customer segmentation and close-loop marketing using Salesforce CRM is required, as well as proven experience working across Marketing, Commercial Excellence and Sales teams. In this role you will craft the end to end operations of closed loop marketing across all business lines programs, and act as the Global Center of Excellence for Marketing Automation for franchise and regional stakeholders. You have an ability to apply segmentation and customer journeys to new and existing programs with a keen eye for business prioritization and commercial impact.
Foundational understanding of data privacy, regulatory compliance and data integrity and process is a must. Responsibilities for new targeting technologies to improve effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Owner of divisional global marketing automation operations (Marketo platform) including monthly email program calendar based on business priorities
- Demonstrate strong command and ownership for email programming at enterprise level (multiple programs against multiple customer segments), and Marketing Automation systems and processes
- Ensure all published email complies with email program requirements, editorial and brand guides, usability, and accessibility standards.
- Partner with agency to implement new features and enhancements to increase customer engagement based on clear A/B testing and performance insights
- Collaborate with regional marketing teams to define and implement key Marketing Automation strategies and tactics
- Develops, updates, and implements Marketing Automation (Marketo) best practices
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM and how it connects to marketing automation platforms for lead management
- Strong aptitude and understanding of data privacy policies: GDPR, CCPA and Opt-In requirements
- Creates and lead Marketo training sessions for global and regional marketing teams
- Act as the primary intake lead for marcom teams to help ensure planned email programs are aligned with divisional customer contact strategy and best practices
- Ensure Marketing Automation content is up-to-date, error-free, and relevant to goals of the organization
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Associate Degree and 7 years relevant experience
- Proactive and can-do and assertive attitude is a must with proven track record of driving digital within a business
- Over 5+ year experience working with Marketo or other marketing automation platforms in enterprise setting
- 2+ years of experience building and maintaining a lead / contact lifecycle model, data integrity and data processes and technology integrations.
- 2+ years of CRM experience, specifically Salesforce.com.
- Experience in optimizing email programs, landing pages and user funnels
- Strong editorial eye for adjusting subject lines and content approaches for improved response
- Advanced knowledge of Marketing Automation KPIs, A/B testing and on-going optimizations
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment
- Fluent in digital analytics, metrics, and reporting
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong background in project management and compliance recommended to serve as gatekeeper for all customer email communications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in marketing, business, communications, journalism, or related discipline
- Marketo/Eloqua/Marketing Cloud certification highly encouraged
- 6+ years of email marketing and strategy experience (healthcare experience is a plus but not required)
- Deep passion and experience in understanding the customer journeys and unmet needs.
- Proficient with various marketing platforms such as Google Analytics and web content management systems (CMS). Experience managing Marketing Automation program such as Marketo or Marketing Cloud. Mobile app development/technologies/platform knowledge.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
JOB FAMILY: Marketing Support
DIVISION: AVD Vascular
LOCATION: United States
Santa Clara : Building B – SC Floor-3
WORK SHIFT: Standard
TRAVEL: Yes, 15 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE: Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link – English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link – Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf