Team Overview and Job Responsibilities
As a Product Engineer, you are responsible for providing engineering execution for all programs supporting technical responses to customer and sales inquiries. You will drive design improvements, cost reductions, product improvements, and development initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Understanding and perform all tasks and responsibilities according to the specific Job Safety Practices (JSP) safety established for this job
- Own responsibility for safety and housekeeping procedures and for maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Adhere to all health, safety, and environmental policies and regulations, including our hazardous waste handling if designated and trained to do so
- Lead multiple development and cost initiative projects simultaneously
- Track and document Handling of Engineering changes
- Participate in Business Process Reengineering activities aimed at improving team effectiveness and efficiency
- Create designs and drawings for internal and external customers
- Participate with the Quality organization and Sales & Marketing on resolving any product quality issues that might arise
- Identify, evaluate, and bring to the table cost savings and product improvement ideas, and follow through on selected ideas to achieve the savings or improvement
- Participate where necessary in industry standards activities
- Participate where necessary on internal audits and on audits by regulatory bodies or customers
- Lead the design and engineering runs associated with programs, including managing PNs, tooling, processing conditions, materials specifications, and trials – both prototype and production scale
- Lead the transition of products from design to mass production including financial, materials, processes, operations, and quality documentation
- Interface with testing technicians
- Interface with others in the organization and customers to jointly determine customer needs and solutions, such as samples, datasheets, PPAPs, IMDS, quotes
- Planning – Accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects, set objectives and goals; break down work into the manageable process steps, develop schedules and task/people assignments, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, measure performance against goals, and evaluate results
- Priority Setting – Spend time and the time of others on what’s important, quickly zero in on the critical few, quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal, eliminate roadblocks, and create focus
- Problem Solving – Use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probe all fruitful sources for answers, see hidden problems, honest analysis, look beyond the obvious, dig beyond first answers
- Intellectual Horsepower – deal with concepts and complexity comfortably, intellectually sharp and agile
- Organizing – Marshal resources (people, funding, material, and support) to get things done, orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, use resources effectively and efficiently, arrange information and files in a useful manner
Who are we looking for?
- Engineering experience within a manufacturing environment
- BS degree in engineering or similar discipline
- Ability to develop and execute a plan as a team leader or team participant
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to drive change
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Able to learn new ideas, concepts and skills quickly and effectively
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group’s success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Mangers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.