The Merchant Design team aims to make selling on the Uber Eats platform effortless and profitable for our merchant partners. We create tools and services that empower restaurants, grocery stores, and other merchants to take their businesses online. We’re a small but mighty team working on a rapidly changing problem space. As a designer here, you’ll end up having a substantial impact on the lives of merchants and how we design for them.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Influence the direction of Uber Eats merchant tools through collaboration, user research, and storytelling
- Advocate for user-centered design within our organization
- Create beautiful and functional design solutions within exciting new product areas we’re spinning up
- Partner with engineers to ensure your designs are shipped at a high quality
- Work with other designers and contribute to a collaborative, supportive team culture
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Experience leading and influencing product/design strategy – identifying new product opportunities and bringing them to fruition
- Experience grounding your design decisions in user research, metrics, and business goals
- Strong understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles
- A portfolio showing thoughtful problem solving and high-quality visual design
- Fluency with current product design patterns and tools
- Experience working on business-facing products
- Experience navigating complex decisions with trade-offs
- Appetite for problem solving in a landscape that changes quickly
- Collaborative, humble, team player attitude
- Experience with both mobile app and web design
- A degree in HCI, Graphic Design, or related field is a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing .