CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel is seeking an experienced and self motivated Product Designer to join its Barbie product design team. The group is focused on creating new product opportunities for the Barbie division, by understanding the consumer, trends and technology that are then translated into successful product. This involves creating and communicating toy concepts in 2D and/or 3D models to design and marketing management. The ideal candidate will possess proven product design experience showing ability to work on challenging and fun girls’ products as well as ideating new concepts.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Actively generate new opportunities to enhance the brand.
- Execute on both product designs and graphic designs.
- Design and develop doll lines/segments, and contribute to various segments across Barbie organization.
- Build consensus between members throughout the design process.
- Partner with Development Design, Engineering, Packaging and Cost Engineering to insure product integrity and marketing objectives.
- Daily communication with Asia partners.
- Successfully present and communicate their concepts to the Design and Marketing management and Creative departments.
- Manage the early phases of design and development with other disciplines within the company.
What We’re Looking For:
- 1-3 Years professional experience in Fashion Design, Toy Design or equivalent.
- Must be proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and 2D computer programs.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Adobe Creative Suite proficiency.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD (Alias, Rhino 3D is a plus).
- Knowledge of material and manufacturing process.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Ability to project manage.
- Ideal candidate will exhibit interest and knowledge of the current trends.
- Understanding of features and play patterns in the toy industry is a plus.
- Portfolio demonstrating strong design excellence and superior problem solving.
Personal attributes required:
- Artistic and passionate about ‘Play’.
- Self-motivated, efficient, proactive and organized.
- Professional maturity and the ability to assimilate constructive criticism.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at and .
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.