As a User Experience Design Lead, you will leverage your deep understanding of experience design for digital products. You’ll be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for decisions that form our client and advisor experiences. This is a hands-on designer role, you will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team that includes researchers, content writers, product managers, engineers, and business partners who share your passion for delivering unique and innovative financial digital products and services of all kinds, including trading and advice platforms.
- Proactively seek out ways of incorporating the customer experience into daily work
- Work collaboratively and contribute to the success of a multidisciplinary team
- Contribute to high performing teams through the development of self and others, emphasizing continuous learning and growth
- Distill complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions
- Accurately make decisions that guide the product direction with little information
- Understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical by thinking through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them
- Ability to influence others and provide thought leadership on design
- Knowledge and deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space
- Research and look for opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways
- Understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and be able to communicate your ideas to our engineers
- Design for the web and understanding how to apply both form and function within it while maintaining simplicity
- 6+ years of Design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical work experience in Design
- Work closely with other disciplines to understand design context
- Deliver solutions (research findings, design concepts, content) and participate in critique process to improve design acceptance
- Develop critical thinking through iteration and design review
- Understanding of application of design systems, experience with Figma or similar design tools
- online portfolio demonstrating superior product design experiences (required for application)
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team:
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We’re proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions – all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.
The Digital team is dedicated to creating innovative, industry-leading products and experiences that help customers access, share and control their financial data so they can make smart decisions with their money. Teams enable innovation while adhering to the firm’s data sharing principles of security, customer control and convenience, and privacy.