Manager, Omni Media – Couture Designer Fragrances
Division: Luxury Products Division (LUXE)
Location: New York, NY
In support of the Consumer Activation Lead (CAL), the Media Manager is responsible for day to management and execution of brand media for Luxe. The manager will support the development and execution of media strategies in partnership with the brand’s CAL/agency partners using traditional media and digital media (social, programmatic, video, display, search) to ensure that all media efforts support the brand’s overall business and marketing objectives.
The Manager will be responsible for the management of media related budgets and executional excellence on behalf of the brand. They will work with internal marketing teams and outside agencies to manage and implement media programs that maximize brand image and sales of specific product lines. They will act as the brand’s day to day contact for media agencies and media vendors to clearly communicate the goals of the brands and clearly articulate objectives of the plans.
The role reports directly into the CAL plus collaboration with the internal Luxe Digital Media team/ retailer acceleration group and others.
- A passion for media and focus on consumer-centricity
- Knowledge of all media channels and a keen eye toward market trends and marketplace conditions
- Must demonstrate ability to defend media choices both analytically and critically taking all business objectives and marketing goals into consideration
- Strong attention to detail, especially when managing numerous budgets and reporting to internal team
- Ability to provide POV on all aspects of a media plan and guide development
- Experience working with/ management of agency partners and internal execution teams
- Interpersonal savvy especially when dealing with external media partners. An understanding of company/brand objectives that are articulately conveyed to vendors
- Ability to understand and translate brand and campaign objectives as well as budget limitations into a data strategy
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic planning and program implementation
- Demonstrated understanding of partnership development strategies and standard of practice development
- Ability to collaborate effectively and respectfully cross functionally and create clarity within an emerging capability that touches multiple teams
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3+ years’ experience with a traditional agency or media-focused role
- Strong project management skills, including experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and prioritizing based on business need and estimated impact.
- Experience writing RFP’s/ briefing agency partners
- Effectively communicate (both verbally and written) with multiple groups, including presentations
- Ability to effectively present to and persuade an individual or group or people.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, results and solution oriented, strategic thinker
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
Judgment and Decision Making
This role will require a balance of analytical thinking, communication skills and data management skills as it will require a demonstrated ability to develop consumer knowledge and insight and to act on the data in collaboration with internal brand & external account partners. It requires constant interaction within a matrixed business structure (Marketing, Ecommerce, GM, CMO) to coordinate work and deliver objectives. Actively builds networks and becomes in-house expert on the account database to influence, convince, and introduce new ways of improving site UX.
Essential Physical Requirements
Must be able to work in an office environment, minimum of 3 days per week.
Competencies * Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e. explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects; manages senior/junior members as needed) and enriches team dynamics (i.e. motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
- Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality, continues to build personal knowledge of the beauty business and understanding of beauty and Consumer Behaviors.
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative (i.e. demonstrates resourcefulness), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision. Considers consumers a company asset.
- Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity and utilizes data to draw new insights.
- Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results, deliverables and follow-through (i.e. accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
- Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e. finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
- Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. presents confidently and convinces others) and actively networks
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email . Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.