Design the products that power global trade
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, the Flexport User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, and operations teams. We are seeking a design leader with a strong product vision to elevate the current offering and formulate a compelling business and research supported roadmap for the future. This individual sets a high bar for UX quality and knows how to consistently execute at that level. As a key stakeholder in the product development process, much collaboration will be required with Senior Leadership and the broader UX team. To be successful, this leader must be relentlessly curious, embrace change, think deeply, and communicate clearly. Join us as we lay the foundation of our vision for global trade.
As a Lead Product Designer on the Customer Platform team you will focus on building delightful and intuitive experiences for our clients to manage their global supply chains. You will craft features that enable users to prioritize, plan, and execute international shipments that travel via ocean and air. You will develop a customer platform that evolves with our growing portfolio of logistics services and work on products that serve users around the world.
- Help formulate the product vision for your product area.
- Hire, coach, and mentor excellent product designers.
- Inspire your team to push the boundaries towards innovation.
- Help designers collaborate with their Product, Engineering, Research, Data and Business counterparts.
- Be a strong partner to your Product, Engineering, Research, Data and Business peers.
- Align team priorities and deliverables to the company’s overall strategic goals.
- Collaborate closely with your Design peers at Flexport to ensure we create a consistent and cohesive overall product.
- Ensure your team leverages and contributes to the Flexport Design System.
- Help evolve our current product design to align with Flexport’s brand in collaboration with the Brand Team.
- Help elevate Flexport’s Design community, culture, and processes.
You should have:
- 5+ years of professional experience, of which 2+ years is in management.
- Demonstrated long term thinking around strategic and business focused activities.
- Will have shipped many successful software products, ideally both desktop and mobile.
- Extensive experience conducting and/or collaborating with user research and data science to leverage their respective insights.
- Will have managed and mentored individual contributors or contractors.
- Proven ability to provide thought leadership and guide a team towards achieving a common goal
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams is a plus.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to . Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes-from emerging brands to Fortune 500s-use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.