Job Title: HOKA Associate Color Designer
Reports to: Color + Material Manager
Location: Portland, OR – Remote, hybrid
The Associate Color Designer is a highly motivated and creative individual with a keen eye for detail. The person in this role will support the Color + Material Manager as well as the Product Triad (Footwear Design, Product Line Management and Development) by assisting in the creation of the seasonal color palette and strategy as well as the application of color to our diverse product line.
The primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
- 1. Responsible for coloring footwear on a seasonal basis as well as when off timeline projects like SMUs and Collaborations arise. Providing color CADs and material maps for these projects while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- 2. Aid in the creation of seasonal storytelling by identifying relevant trends in color, materials and finish to incorporate within our seasonal themes, color palette, strategy and product line.
- 3. Work closely with design and development to develop unique approaches to color and finishes specific to HOKA. Have a keen understanding of how materials will finish and execute color.
- 4. Work closely with our PLM team to ensure the creation of a cohesive range of product that meets commercial needs while bringing a fresh perspective to the brand. Create and maintain a visual line plane to insure colors merchandise across all product lines; performance and lifestyle.
Who You Are
A flexible and open minded individual with the ability to incorporate feedback through their creative lens.
A communicative individual with excellent time management and the ability to take on multiple tasks at a time in an organized manor.
This individual takes pride in their work and completes tasks with an eye for detail and high level of accuracy.
We’d love to hear from people with
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Footwear Design, Fashion or Graphic Design, Fine Arts or equivalent combination of experience
- 2-4 years experience in color design or related field
- Experience in performance product is desirable
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator
- A familiarity with footwear materials, finishing processes and the limitations they present when coloring a shoe
What We’ll Give You –
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses – We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Financial Planning and wellbeing – No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
- Time away from work – Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks – Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
- Growth and Development – Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness – There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.