Nature and Scope
Reporting to the Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Manager, the HSE Engineer will lead corporate, local site and regulatory health, safety and environmental initiatives and processes to reduce team member injury, ensure ongoing regulatory compliance and minimize Company exposure. This position works closely with Corporate HSE, facility leadership, as well as external agencies and resources. HSE engineer is viewed as the resident expert and communicates with top officials on the behalf of the company.
- Plan, implement, manage, and maintain comprehensive environmental health & safety programs at multiple locations
- Provide Project and Plant Management Teams with guidance on health and safety and confirm project and plant sites fulfill industry, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations
- Conduct safety and environmental audits to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action and implement follow up assessments
- Participates in HSE steering committee, safety committees and develops and encourages broad employee engagement in HSE programs.
- Obtain all required permits and renewals, complete all required annual reports, filings, and other documentation as required by state, federal, and local government agencies to maintain compliance.
- Participate in and lead job hazard analyses for R&D, Engineering, and Operations.
- Apply risk management principles to the identification and control of process hazards
- Provide training to employees as mandated by government agency regulations by internal procedures and best practice.
- Develop and maintain a training matrix for all tasks and employees.
- Create new, and edit existing, training programs as required to maintain compliance with regulations and internal standards and improve safety performance.
- Investigate all accidents, incidents, and near misses to determine cause and recommend measures to prevent future occurrences.
- Prepare reports of inspection findings with recommendations for corrective actions required.
- Manage the implementation of corrective actions, as appropriate.
- Interface with OSHA, EPA, state agencies and corporate when necessary
- Ensure periodic inspections of all areas of the facilities in including fire protection equipment, spill kits, and first aid supplies
- Ensure periodic monitoring is performed, as needed, in work areas for noise levels, hazardous chemicals, electrical safety, work exposures, etc., to ensure worker safety and compliance with all industrial hygiene and safety regulations.
- Manage hazardous and non-hazardous waste storage and disposal programs.
- Ensure compliance with all codes and regulations with regards to storage and disposal of hazardous materials such as solvents.
- Support new equipment installations and facility construction projects as required, acting as team leader for EHS activities
- Conduct contractor safety training and ensure compliance to company, governmental and subcontractor rules
- Support new projects with review of SDS and recommendations for required PPE and engineering or administrative controls.
- Ensure emergency response plans, including evacuation, fire prevention, and spill control plans remain current and applicable. Oversee training and ensure regular response drills are conducted.
- Manage Hazard Communication programs to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Maintain SDS files and chemical information lists.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to improve safety, quality, yield, and cost reductions using Lean Six Sigma and project management tools and methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety and or environmental studies, engineering, or another related field.
- 3 years of direct HSE experience including OSHA and EPA compliance, behavior-based safety, process hazard and risk analysis, root cause evaluation, incident management, standards and procedural development, auditing, and training.
- Demonstrated passion for safety and environmental excellence.
- Knowledge of US health and safety regulations and ISO Management Systems (OSHA, EPA, ISO 14001 & 45001, NFPA etc.).
- Knowledge of worker’s compensation regulations.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent analytical skills & problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with technology such as excel, PowerPoint, Word and other standard computer applications.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (oral & written), able to interact with all levels in the organization.
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group’s success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Mangers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.