As the Head of Product Marketing, reporting to the CMO, you will build a world class Product Marketing organization with highly skilled product marketers who will lead positioning and packaging efforts for Chase’s small business payments products and own go-to-market strategy and execution. This role is responsible for bringing to market a suite of products across US SMB, US ISVs/Platforms, and Canada and will have heavy emphasis on new product development, innovation, business transformation, and customer experience. As a senior leader in the organization, you will work closely with product, sales, other marketing leaders, and other stakeholders to ensure alignment to our business objectives. You will ensure that a foundation of understanding the customer drives everything that is done in the firm and help us become the #1 financial platform for SMBs globally.
Most people are good at either strategic thinking or tactical execution. This role requires the rare athlete that is good at both, and can recruit, develop and inspire a team of athletes as well. With a background in payments, financial services, or fintech, you will have technical and market acumen; you will be able to quickly learn new products and message them with a deep understanding of an intensely competitive environment . You will develop repeatable processes that can drive discipline around how we bring products to market.
- Own benefits marketing – clearly define the key benefits/proposition of each of our products and develop bold, telegraphic naming and messaging that bolsters comprehension; ensure naming/messaging is consistent throughout all communication channels
- Be the voice of the consumer, the expert on insights and needs, work hand-in-hand with market research; link product innovation to merchants’ needs – ensuring end-to-end product experience is on brand
- Lead and oversee all of the merchant-facing elements of the go-to-market process to bring products to market: research; naming, messaging, positioning; collateral; marketing & sales distribution plan.
- Ensure processes are in place to help other marketing teams use messaging, as a foundation in creative / collateral development
- Build a fluid, learning organization that monitors technology trends, ecosystem developments, and competitive moves that influence customer needs. Initiate market research as needed and monitor industry news day-to-day to serve that objective
- Ensure long term planning processes incorporate outside-in, customer-centric view
- Work closely with others in the organization including: product managers, financial analysts, sales teams, direct-response marketers, in-house creatives and outside agencies
- Recruit, develop, and inspire a team of world-class product marketers
Who you are:
- Possess empathy and appreciation for small business owners, their needs, and the conviction that technology can help make their lives easier and free them to focus on their passions.
- Enjoy defining and launching products in matrixed, multi-channel and rapidly changing environments
- Have the ability to distill complex and difficult information into easy to understand, ‘on your side’ communications. In other words, can easily “de-geek the speak”; exceptional creative and communication skills
- A symphony conductor who can bring order to chaos, but talented enough to jump in the orchestra pit and create sweet music him / herself.
- Solid business acumen, which means you can think strategically and ‘big picture,’ but can balance that with a strong pragmatic streak.
- Excellent communicator with stellar listening, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Able to handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail
- Strong external and internal leader – you collaborate well cross-functionally with key internal partners; works effectively with external partners to identify potential joint marketing opportunities
- Experienced people manager who can build and inspire strong teams
- Sharp, motivated, driven yet humble
- All around amazing person who inspires those around them
- 10+ years of experience developing and executing product marketing strategy across channels (preferably in SMB and Enterprise marketing) , experience in payments industry is a plus
- Direct response marketing experience required; business-to-business marketing experience preferred
- Top-tier MBA, consulting background, product development or product management experience, and co-brand / partner marketing experience
- 10+ years of experience managing large cross-functional teams
- Developed superior relationship-building and influence management skills in interactions with senior leaders, peers, internal and external partners.
- Established deep understanding of the payments/financial services space
- Energetic and experienced leader and thinker.
- Strategic thinker – combine classic strategic marketing skills with experience in multi-channel marketing/distribution of practical products and services.
- Superior relationship and influence management skills in interacting with senior leaders, peers, and external partners
- Proven track record of driving results in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS from a four-year college or university or equivalent work experience
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans