If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
Summary of the Position :
The Director of Data Products will support the Project Management group within the Global Program Management (GPM) team. This role will work with and across various teams to drive the use of Data Products to facilitate the development of data solutions and visualizations that support the company’s strategic business objectives. This position will report to the Sr. Director, Program Operations, and will work closely with Global Program Management leadership and the CMC organization as well as cross-functional teams to support CMC and other activities through vaccine development, regulatory submissions, licensure and beyond.
Success in this role depends on strong organizational and interpersonal skills, staff management and development, and extensive experience in data viz strategy and execution. The most successful candidates exhibit strong technical knowledge in database structure, and the vaccine pharmaceutical development space and can quickly grasp complex processes and situations. The Director will also be responsible for building positive relationships across various teams to ensure continuous dialogue and alignment on priorities that support the company’s strategic business objectives.
Location is flexible.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Function as a Data/Solution Product expert to optimize GPM program data into insights and visualizations for activities.
- Retrieve, interpret, validate, and report on GPM program data
- Identify software solutions to address critical needs and extract meaningful insights from key data.
- Quickly and accurately Identify and review datasets that support each component of the vaccine development process.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for GPM program management activities.
- Facilitate the development of MS Project plans and provide support in the maintenance and monitoring of PWA structure and project plans.
- Engage with workstreams to improve their MS Project performance.
- Provide expertise on cross project solutions that extend the functionality of MS Project for efficient tracking and reporting.
- Build strong working relationships across teams and key stakeholders to facilitate communication and ensure data accuracy.
- Evaluate and advise on configuration settings to maximize data viz and tracking while maintaining accuracy and transparency.
- Proactively work with GPM to align Project plans with overall product development and clinical plans, implement administrative and organizational processes for timely knowledge and information transfer.
- Manage and maintain GPM Power BI dashboard activities.
- Work closely with GPM teams to evaluate requirements and design and develop powerful Power BI enterprising solutions that support GPM’s strategic business objectives.
- Work to implement data ingestion processes that allow for data integration and visualization.
- Coordinate activities with data source application owners to ensure integration and data integrity.
- Design and develop reports, dashboards, KPIs, and data extracts.
- Function as a Software expert to optimize the CMC program
- Proactively identify critical path, risks, and impediments to successful development and drive the identification and development of Data Product solutions to mitigate these risks.
- Support GPM Leadership Team on various activities, initiatives, and issues as appropriate.
- Establish program management best practices and assist in the implementation of Data Product solutions as necessary for successful program management and to drive strategic solutions to increase innovation, efficiency, and productivity within GPM and vaccine delivery.
- Open to travel.
Minimum requirements :
- Advanced degree, preferably in both a healthcare field and a biomedical field.
- A minimum of 10 years in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry with experience in vaccine development environment required.
- A minimum of 10 years work experience in data management, data visualization and data analytics preferably in a healthcare environment
- Proven leadership and track record of successfully driving and managing programs, overcoming challenges, and managing risks.
- Strong clinical trial tracking as well as project management skills.
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to develop effective relationships, motivate others and influence in a cross-functional environment.
- Collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation amongst all stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication skills (oral, written, and interpersonal) and with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels of the company.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems, determine causes and identify and implement solutions.
- Innovative, driven, highly organized self-starter with ability to handle multiple activities and comfortable interacting with all levels of management within the company.
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Except where prohibited by applicable state law, this position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation or qualify for an exemption.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)