In support of our shift to a cloud-first strategy, we are seeking a Cloud Engineer to help build and deliver market leading, enterprise-class cloud ecosystem. As a Cloud Engineer, you will partner closely with our Application Development and Data Science teams, and work collaboratively with Infrastructure to select, build, and configure the right technologies and platforms to enable accelerated development and/or migration of applications . Major areas of focus will be observability, performance, reliability, security, continuity, and resiliency. The Cloud Engineering team takes an Infrastructure-as-Code approach to building in the cloud, and strives for automation wherever/whenever possible. The Cloud Engineer will be crucial in accelerating speed to market and innovation, but also in ensuring that we are adhering to security and compliance principles, are cost-effective, and are building rock-solid, highly-available systems.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future.
Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
*Responsibilities:* · Build automation and pipeline capabilities for delivery of platforms and Infrastructure
· Oversee and ensure production readiness of new technologies/systems.
· Partner with platform teams on deployment pipelines (building, configuring, troubleshooting), and provisioning/scaling of new infrastructure and platforms
· Respond to operational issues, and engage additional teams as necessary
· Participate in cross-training, architectural design, capacity planning, and recommendations for future state
· Partner with community on best-practices, patterns, and practices for leveraging different technologies, and ensure adoption within teams
· Assist with engineering efforts to reduce occurrence of failures, and ensure coping strategies are in place for failures
· Identify monitoring/alerting/observability needs, and influence team culture to bring this rigor into the daily development cycle.
· Partner with AppDev and Infrastructure teams on evaluation and feasibility assessment of new systems and technologies.
*Required Qualifications:* · 4+ years of IT experience with steadily increasing responsibilities
· 1+ years of Enterprise experience with cloud development, and/or maintaining, supporting, and deploying to cloud environments
· Experience with a public cloud ecosystem – preferably Microsoft Azure
· Experience with containerization, and container orchestration – preferably Kubernetes
· Experience with CI/CD concepts and tools
· Experience using metrics to measure and monitor application and infrastructure performance, and experience using APM/monitoring tools (ex. AppDynamics, Splunk, Prometheus, etc.)
· Linux operating systems skills
· Familiarity with data management/movement and data platforms (ex. MSSQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Kafka)
· Familiar with basic security principles (certificates, identity management, authorization, etc.)
· Familiarity with 2 of the following, with a desire and proficiency to learn the others: Terraform, Ansible, Python, GoLang
*Preferred Qualifications:* · Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
· Have a growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback
· Able to thrive in a collaborative, creative, dynamic workplace
*Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer*
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
*About C.H. Robinson*
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.