Wood, Patel & Associates, Inc. (WOODPATEL), the #1 ranked civil engineering firm in Arizona for 18 straight years and a 2020 Zweig Hot Firm, is looking for exceptional candidates to join our team. We offer the opportunity to advance your career and become part of our well respected company.
We currently have an opening for a full time Civil 3D Designers and Project Engineers in our Phoenix or Mesa office who will work within a team in our Land Development Department.
- Provide technical services necessary to meet the needs and goals of WOODPATEL’s clients
- Directs Engineers-in-training and technical staff with the execution of their responsibilities, including planning and completion of engineering assignments and resolution of project difficulties. Establishes effective working relationships.
- Coordinates with design engineers to assist in determining scope, complexity, planning, and scheduling requirements of projects.
- Assists in the planning and scheduling of work, ensuring the proper and effective distribution of assignments and manpower.
- Ensures the quality, accuracy, and completeness for product as to engineering, design, and drafting quality; compliance with established standards, procedures, codes and ordinances; adherence to design and project schedules; and provides adequate training, technical and administrative guidance, and instruction to personnel within the engineering team(s).
- Mentors and coaches the staff and promotes a productive work environment. Available to both clients and employees to the greatest extent possible.
- Supervises technical work of a team of technicians and designers.
- Participates in various personnel functions, including, but not limited to, performance appraisal, and employee development.
- Assists the senior engineer in the implementation of the goals established for the office. Demonstrates the ability to build client relationships. This includes an awareness of all projects client might be undertaking.
- Arizona P.E. required
- 6 years of design experience of land development (residential or commercial) or transportation and drainage projects
- Energetic, self-motivated professional with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills are necessary as well as technical competency
- Effective decision making, budget control, client maintenance and team building skills
- Must be detailed oriented and very well organized
- Competitive pay
- Generous PTO plan
- Flexible schedules including ½ day Friday’s
- Health, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with employer matching
- LTD/STD/Life Insurance
- In-house training events
- Employee Appreciation events
WOODPATEL is committed to our community and as such we match employee contributions to St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance, the world’s first food bank, founded in Phoenix, Arizona.
WOODPATEL is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Please visit our website for additional job openings www.woodpatel.com
Wood, Patel, & Associates