This position is responsible for defining and executing on our partnership strategy to support multi-segment, partner enabled applications including, but not limited to single cell, spatial transcriptomics. A key focus to deliver high-value, end-to-end workflows to accelerate placement and utilization of our NGS portfolio. This individual will work cross functionally on the enablement, co-development, testing and marketing key partner enabled NGS methods, applications and end-to-end workflows. This individual will work closely with Business Development, Product Development and other functions on the engagement of new partners and management of existing relationships. The successful candidate will be a highly independent, experienced marketer who can creatively lead cross-functional programs, think strategically and engage at all levels of the organization.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead a team responsible for the enablement and co-marketing of 3rd party applications and solutions to accelerate adoption and utilization of Illumina’s NGS portfolio
- Lead NGS system partnership workstream to develop high value end-to-end solutions, e.g., partnership prioritization, integration of 3rd party apps, compatibility testing and enablement of sample to answer workflows
- Works proactively with Business Development and other stake holders to identify and evaluate new opportunities
- Actively collaborate and manage relationships with partners – able to engage at all levels of the organization, e.g., CEO, Product Managers, Business Development and R&D
- Works in tandem with regional marketing, product management and sales organization to ensure alignment of strategy, messaging, and tactics
- Oversees development of sales enablement tools and assists sales teams by providing guidance for product messaging and positioning, objection handling and identifying target customers.
- Collaborates deeply with upstream marketing and product management on VOC, product design inputs, and launch strategy
- Collaboratively works with the marketing leadership team and functional management to drive the business strategy
- Works across the organization and directly with customers and commercial to bring the voice of customer and voice of field into the overall strategic marketing plans
- Build close relationships with key customers, thought leaders, and industry influencers to stay abreast of emerging market trends and regulatory guidance
- Understands key business drivers, based on data and analytics, market trends and direct interaction with Commercial teams and customers.
- Understand key business drivers, based on data and analytics, market trends and direct interaction with Commercial teams and customers.
- Partner with Commercial Organization and Regional Marketing to support them in interactions with existing and new customers
- Build close relationships with key customers, thought leaders, partners, and industry influencers to stay abreast of emerging market trends
Preferred Educational and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or PhD a plus.
- Must have at least 7+ years of industry experience in Product Marketing or Product Management
- Must have been a marketing leader, both pre- and post-launch, for a major product line
- Demonstrated experience in developing and requirements for new product development and management of on market products in the life sciences field
- Must have strong analytical skills – ability to tie detailed analysis to larger strategy and make data driven decisions is critical
- Must have demonstrated effective collaboration in matrixed or highly cross-functional business settings;
- Demonstrated track record of successfully building new clinical markets is strongly preferred;
- Technical knowledge of genomics, next-generation sequencing and molecular biology products is highly desired
Location at San Diego HQ or Bay Area (Foster City)
Title and level are flexible depending on the skill set on the candidate.
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, Illumina requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning November 1, 2021.
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf